July 6, 2008

Infomercials fail.

Sometimes I can't tell whether or not I truly hate infomercials (or paid programs, if you prefer.) Some are interesting, I'll admit. Mostly the food ones, but that may just be because I'm fat. In any case, I always wonder how much of the stuff is made up. Do they pay the 'satisfied customers' to provide testimonials? I'm sure they do. I can see some of the products they advertise being genuinely useful items, but some of them are just ridiculous. I always laugh at the Extenze infomercials. The whole "I'm bigger!" thing. That's so much crap. Oh, and then they have these three young, attractive women on the show talking about how size matters and yadayada (add in some additional superficial b.s.) They make it sound so great. Yeah, well screw you Extenze! I saw this program for this thing called magicJack today. 20 bucks for a whole year of phone using a little box thing that you plug into your computer's USB port. I don't know if I believe it or not. They had one of those counter things on the bottom that show how many people have ordered it so far. I'm positive that they make those up though. (5,000 people ordered your shit at three in the morning? Really?) Man, I'd rather be watching reruns (unless, of course, the infomercial is food related. I mean, come on! Who doesn't love those ones for the Showtime rotisserie cooker? I know I do.) Oh, and those stupid weight loss pills. It always bugs me that they say it could end your obesity, blah blah. Help you lose weight. In the end it's always "This product is not intended to cure, diagnose, prevent, or treat any disease." I thought is was supposed to treat/cure obesity! LIARS!

Oh well. Until there's something better to watch at four in the morning, I guess I'll be stuck with men exclaiming, "I'm BIGGER!"

No comments: